Thursday 1 June 2017

A Huge Donation and Lots of Inspiration.


A few weeks ago I was contacted by a lady who wanted to donate some yarn to our Loving Hands group.  She had found it while clearing out her parents home, one of the members collected it and passed it on to me last week, I wish I had taken a photo of it when it was stashed into my car, it filled the boot and the passenger seat, here is just some of it placed on my window sill...




I gave up counting after I got to 100 hundred cones. There is a mix of 1 ply and 4 ply in cotton, acrylic, wool and wool mix.  A few members of  the NELH group met at my home on Tuesday and took some and I'm sure more will shared when the rest of the group can get to see it.

Of course working with such fine yarn is a pain for me, as you all know I like quick and easy which means I will have to use several strands at once when I'm working with it and to do that a lot of winding action will need to take place.  The obvious conclusion was of course I needed to buy a wool winder ...



I'm having so much fun using this I love the lovely neat little yarn cakes it makes.....



As you can imagine coming into so much yarny goodness is like winning the yarn lottery for a stashaholic like me and idea's of how to use it spin around my head like crazy, I can picture a lot of lovely blankets, hats, scarves and other yummy makes spinning off my hook in the future and now everything I'm seeing online is a distinct possibility.  This is what has inspired me today...



A lovely Lapghan made by Olga from Lacy Crochet the new pattern is now available for purchase.



Pom Pom hat a free pattern from  Yarnspirations



Crossing Paths scarf a free pattern from the crochet crowd

I'm thinking that anything is possible with this yarn all I need to do is use as many strands I need to get the correct tension, it will be a bit hit and miss but the beauty of making things for charity is whatever the size, there will be a home for it somewhere. 

Before I move onto something new I must finish what I'm working on now it's a blanket and I'm using these colours...



It's a riot of colour, sunglasses will definitely be needed at the big reveal.

You can see the all great projects the NELH group have made here

Have a great weekend. 😊





 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

9 comments:

  1. Have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Linda that sure is nice yarn and yes I too like using thicker yarn. Winding that yarn is a lot of work. I can't wait to see what you make with it.
    I do hope you like the lentil salad if you make it.
    Take care and happy crafting.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda, you will have so much fun! I love mixing and matching the coned yarn I have - my winder should be paid overtime xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of yarn, and the yarnwinder....great idea.
    Yes, I think you will have a lot of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so much yarn! And so much work to wind it.
    I'm so glad to see my laphgan on your inspiration list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu have entered the state of complete yarn bliss. I Think it is quite wonderful that you, a complete stashaholic, who has given so many items away has now found herself with a whole new stash. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a huge stock of yarns !! And I am sure you can make so many things for charity. Can't wait to see your Big reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That was certainly a huge donation. Have fun using it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, fantastic, Linda! I'm happy with you. So many good things can be made with this. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx