Tuesday 17 November 2015

A Set for the girls

It looks as though the making of these little sets is going to take me longer than I thought it would, it's definitely the scarves that take up the time the hat and mittens take no time at all.


This time a little girl set made with stash Aran yarn in pink, white and grey. Again I used Marianna's Skye pattern which can be found here



 I knitted the scarf too and it took me far longer than I wanted it to, made in a very easy garter stitch. Using the same colour sequence and then bordered in crochet with reversed dc/sc in pink to hide all the yarn changes and to neaten it off.

Next time it will be crochet just because it's quicker, I'm hoping to get four sets done before the end of the month so that they can be sent to knit for nowt.

Two down
                                                                                                 and two to go

Can I do it?

 I hope that you are all having a great week :)




Linking with







 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

13 comments:

  1. This turned out so cute!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sets are really lovely and I'm egging you on to get the other two completed, I'm sure you'll do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,
    Wow that is such a cute and pretty girls set you made! I love the color combo too.
    Thank you so much for joining and sharing this with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    We love having you. Enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your knitting! All very pretty and very useful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous little sets. The mittens especially and the grey and pink us fab x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, girly, cute !!!!!
    Have a cosy day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours in the set. I'm cheering you on to get another two sets finished by the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your latest set Linda, so pretty :)
    And good luck in achieving your target x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both the sets look very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you will visit our link party on Monday as I have a surprise for you.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Linda! You are creating some lovely sets - hope you are well on the way to your target!
    Keep up the great work!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx